THE SPINAL COLUMN
ALPHA CHIROPRACTIC NEWSLETTER
1) You are more than your body; you are an intelligent and loving energetic being! Your body is the vehicle you have been given through which to experience and express your true purpose and potential in life.
2) Your innate intelligence directs and coordinates every single cell, tissue, organ and organ system in your body through your brain, and communicates with your body through your nerve system.
3) Health is defined as normal function and the ability to adapt to most of the stresses you face every day. It is the natural result of the adequate expression of your innate intelligence in your body.
4) Everything is always changing, including your body. In every moment you are either getting weaker and moving toward dis-ease (dysfunction), disease, and death, or growing stronger and moving toward health, wellness and wholeness.
5) 3 Things are necessary to keep you growing stronger and moving consistently toward health, wellness and wholeness (a Deliberate & Positive Focus, a Healthy Lifestyle, and a Clear Neurological Connection between your body and your brain).
6) The main function of your spine is to regulate the amount of tension in your nerve system and maintain the proper frequency of vibration or tone, so that the messages traveling back and forth along your nerves between your body and your brain are both transmitted and received properly.
7) Whenever your spine loses its normal alignment or function, it compromises your ability to regulate nerve system tension, and the result is a partial loss of CONNECTION between your brain and your body. We call this loss of connection and decrease in the expression of your innate intelligence a "subluxation."
8) The loss of connection between your brain and body causes you to lose your normal function in your body, and decreases your ability to successfully adapt to all of the physical, chemical, mental and emotional stresses in your environment. In other words, it causes you to lose your natural state of EASE.
9) The problem is not that you HAVE something you shouldn't have...it's that you've LOST something you NEED in order to heal, function normally and feel good; You've lost the CONNECTION between your brain and body.
10) The specific Chiropractic Adjustment allows more normal function and alignment in your spine, and helps restore your ability to regulate and maintain proper nerve system tension and tone. In other words, it helps re-establish and maintain the CONNECTION between your brain and your body in order to maximize the expression of innate intelligence in your body and help you HEAL.
11) Healing is defined as any movement toward wholeness, regardless of where you are at any given moment. It is a PROCESS and requires your active participation.
12) The goal of your chiropractic program is simple; it's to help you and your family restore, maintain and steadily improve all three things necessary to keep you growing stronger and moving toward ever higher levels of health, wellness and wholeness (a Deliberate & Positive Focus, a Healthy Lifestyle and a Clear Neurological Connection between your body and your brain) for as long as you live.
You've all heard it before, "Once you go to one of those chiropractors, you'll have to go for the rest of your life...". First of all, you don't have to do anything. I don't force you to do anything. The concept of continued chiropractic care for a lifetime of good health is one that is often misunderstood due to a lack of a proper explanation of the need and benefits.
However, the idea of committing to a lifetime of care of anything we value is not unique to us. Here are a few questions to get us on the
When was the last time you brushed your teeth? Will you ever brush them again? Why?
When was the last time you ate healthy food? Will you ever eat again? Why?
When was the last time you slept, exercised, showered, attended church, or even changed the oil in your car? Will you do these things again? Why?
These questions require little if any thought to answer. Yet the fact remains that good spinal health is as important (if not more so).
We can all agree that the nerve system controls and coordinates the function of every cell, tissue, and organ in the body. The brain creates and sends messages down the spinal cord, and then nerves branch off the spinal cord sending messages to every body part.
Because the nerve system is so important, it is protected. The skull protects the brain and 24 moveable bones, called vertebrae, protect the spinal cord. When these vertebrae are in their proper alignment and moving like they should, the nerve system functions as it is supposed to, allowing the body to do all the things it needs to do as well as possible.
Unfortunately, the bones of the spine (vertebrae) misalign due to everyday emotional, chemical, and physical stresses that were are all exposed to. These misalignments, which interfere with the function of these vital nerve pathways, are called vertebral subluxations. We also know that vertebral subluxations have devastating effects on the nerves, organs, tissues, and cells of your body.
Some people mistakenly think that once the vertebrae is restored to its proper position it should stay there and the body should be able to function properly. However, it does not work that way, especially if the subluxation has been present for a long time. Subluxations negatively affect the muscles, tendons, and ligaments that help to hold the vertebrae in its proper alignment. It takes regular adjustments over a long period of time to enable the spine and all the tissue around it to heal enough to keep in its proper alignment for longer periods of time. It is important to understand this concept in order to realize the need for long term, regular chiropractic care. Many times when the vertebrae is back in place for a few hours or a few days and the body is able to work better, a tremendous amount of healing takes place. Patients feel better and assume their bodies have healed themselves. If they discontinue care, that vertebrae, without doubt, will re-subluxate the next day, week, or month and they will begin a downward process again.
Unfortunately, there are people who use my services for pain relief or like a band-aid. They deny their awareness of how to take better control of their health and life so unfortunately; their situations and conditions keep recurring.
However, those that do learn about the benefits of chiropractic and optimum health come to appreciate their health and well-being. My job is to explain your options and offer the very best care; your job is to decide how much of it you want.
The truth is that most people choose to come regularly for the rest of their lives because they realize that anything that is of benefit to their health and life such as: exercise, proper nutrition, proper rest, brushing your teeth, proper hygiene, etc. must be done regularly to obtain the proper benefit. For example, you don't spend a year exercising really hard, getting in the best physical shape of your life, and then never exercise again. That would be foolish. As would stopping all those other things as well
You must look at chiropractic care as part of a healthy lifestyle, not a temporary treatment for something. I correct nerve interference caused by subluxations in your spine, which occur throughout your life. For that reason, your spine requires attention and care - for your whole life!
Having a nerve system free of interference is not something you want only occasionally, but something you should want from birth until death. Most of my practice members decide to continue getting checked weekly because it is healthy to do so and it improves their life in many ways.